Monday – Friday – 8 hours per day
Looking for an experienced Medical Secretary that can deal with a busy work place in an ever changing environment working within the Medical Secretary team to provide excellent and efficient medical secretarial service to clients and colleagues at all times.
Reporting to: – Support Services Manager
Experience, knowledge and understanding of medical terminology:
• To type all Clinicians clinic reports and letters to Referring Vets.
• To type diagnostic reports i.e. ultrasounds.
• To answer referring vets and client queries.
• To keep records of all patient results received and distribute to appropriate Clinicians
• To open mail and distribute.
• To type discharge summaries dictated by Clinicians, if required
• To monitor and maintain diary management within PMS system for all Clinicians, including on call and management diary commitments.
• To liaise closely with all Hospital Departments.
• Support Administration for Marketing and CPD events, including certificates and letter mail merge
• To assist with any other reasonable duties required as per the Support Services Manager.
• To adhere with all corporate and local hospital procedures and policies
Qualifications and Training
RSA Level 3 or above
• DesirableMedical secretary qualification eg Intermediate Diploma in Medical Reception
Experience in a similar role, including providing a full high quality service to medical consultants, GP’s and patients
Shift pattern Monday – Friday (8-4pm, 9-5pm or 10-6pm alternate weeks) – 40 hours per week
Salary : £20,000 per annum.
Please send all CVs and covering letters to Jenny Pearson – firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE FRIDAY 25th January 2019