Located in modern facilities, with full onsite MRI and CT services, Northwest Veterinary Specialists is a referral only specialist centre within easy commuting distance of historic Chester, Liverpool, North Wales or Manchester.
With exciting expansion plans and a mission to deliver the best small animal care in the northwest NWVS is seeking an enthusiastic and forward thinking Head of Surgery to join and lead existing teams supported by specialist interest, trained nurses. Suitable candidates will be board certified surgeons, residency trained, or hold similar small animal qualifications or experience.
Full or part time hours are available, as are job share and flexible working options to enable a good work/life balance.
Specialities at NWVS, a multi-disciplinary referral hospital, cover anaesthesia and pain management; neurology and neurosurgery; cardiology; soft tissue surgery, oncology; internal medicine; and, orthopaedics, with support in diagnostic imaging. NWVS also works closely with other referral centres in the Pets at Home Vet Group to facilitate clinical research and access to shared expertise.
Excellent colleague benefits include:
- Competitive salary plus bonus scheme
- Significant employer pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Relocation package
- Private health care (plus reduced costs for family cover)
- Income protection (after a qualifying period)
- 10 days CPD allowance and financial support for attending conferences
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with increased leave for long service
- Additional leave for personal milestones such as birthdays, starting school and moving, plus an extra week off when getting married or entering into a civil partnership
- Access to the Pets at Home Restricted Share Plan (free shares) and Sharesave Scheme (discounted shares after a year’s service)
- Subsidised canteen (lunch provided daily) and free parking
- Professional memberships paid
- Colleague discounts on a range of products and services, including 20% off with the Pets at Home group
To apply to join our professional team of European and RCVS specialists and highly skilled, experienced nurses, or with any questions, please contact Louise Kurnaz, Hospital Director, on:
T: 07970 617001/01928 711400
We are always happy to discuss flexible, locum and part time working options, and are an Equal Opportunities Employer