Small Animal Neurology Specialist, North West Veterinary Specialists, UK
Due to a progressive increasing caseload, an exciting opportunity exists in the Neurology and Neurosurgery Department at North West Veterinary Specialists for a highly motivated, and enthusiastic colleague to join our team of three EBVS® European Specialists in Veterinary Neurology and RCVS Specialists in Veterinary Neurology, who will be supported by two ECVN Residents, one Neurology Intern and a dynamic team of nurses and rotating interns. Clinical research activity is also positively supported and encouraged.
NWVS is a rapidly expanding multidisciplinary small animal referral hospital located in North West England. The hospital is equipped with modern in-house facilities including radiography, ultrasonography, fluoroscopy, electrodiagnostic unit, onsite MRI & CT scanners, dedicated neurosurgical theatre with neurosurgical microscope, high dependency unit and easy access to radiotherapy and neuropathology.
The NWVS referral hospital provides referral-only services for patients across England in soft tissue surgery, orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, neurology and neurosurgery, anaesthesia and pain management, internal medicine, oncology, cardiology & physiotherapy. NWVS also works closely with other referral centres in the Pets at Home Vet Group to facilitate clinical research and access to shared expertise.
Aside from the friendly and enthusiastic working environment, NWVS offers excellent colleague benefits including:
- Competitive salary plus bonus scheme
- Significant pension employer contribution
- Life assurance
- Private health care (plus reduced costs for family cover)
- Relocation expenses
- 10 days CPD allowance and financial support for attending conferences
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with increased leave for long service
- Additional leave for personal milestones such as birthdays, starting school and moving, plus an extra week off when getting married or entering into a civil partnership
- Access to the Pets at Home Restricted Share Plan (free shares) and Sharesave Scheme (discounted shares after a year’s service)
- Subsidised canteen (lunch provided daily) and free parking
- Professional memberships paid
- Colleague discounts on a range of products and services, including 20% off with the Pets at Home group
The successful candidate should hold an ACVIM (Neurology) diploma or an ECVN Diploma. In addition, due to the high neurosurgical caseload and emergencies, we are seeking for a candidate with neurosurgical skills.
For enquiries and further information, or to apply for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter to the NWVS Hospital Director Louise Kurnaz email: email@example.com
and to the Head of Neurology Department Massimo Mariscoli (firstname.lastname@example.org) Tel. +44 (0)1928 711400