We are looking for an experienced Administrator – 20 hours per week to assist with pricing and billing of client accounts within Northwest Veterinary Specialists.
A Hospital Billing Administrator is responsible for collating and updating pricing information throughout the hospital. Working alongside the nursing team and clinicians to ensure that all treatments, drugs, procedures, consultations and all other items are priced/billed promptly and accurately to patient accounts. Daily audit checks of the in patient records, price any missing items and procedures identified. Record on the audit tracker for monthly reporting and analysis.
- To ensure pricing is consistent across the disciplines.
- Reviewing patient accounts daily, sometimes frequently throughout the day, ensure all items are billed and reviewing estimates.
- Review the weekly Work in Progress (WIP) reports to identify any cases to be made payable or any further action required. Discussing with clinicians when necessary if accounts reaching estimate.
- Construction and updating of costing sheets, working with the clinical teams
- Updating NWVS Prices and producing any pricelists
- Produce and maintain estimates guide
- With the help and guidance of clinicians and management, construct and put into place surgical packages.
- Check on euthanasia and correct cremation charge is applied to account.
- Check hospital list and price up overnight hospitalisation
- Diary changes, discharges etc. check diary (voyager)
- Visits wards and check each patient auditioned is on hospital list and price up any overnight items missed (i.e. fluids)
- Collect costing sheets from previous day where procedures had not finished, check these against patient GA sheets and Kennel Sheets to ensure no discrepancies and price up accordingly
- In no costing sheet, use kennel sheets and liaise with clinician to find out exactly what was done prior to billing. Check also the history and plan with clinician is written on the patient records and then it will get charged accordingly.
- Check diary for patients being admitted that day
- Check with Flow Co and downstairs prep and update daily patient procedure list, if necessary
- Ensure costings sheets are available in all areas.
- Discharges – Check on discharges throughout the day to ensure invoice correct and payable at discharge and on discharges from previous day – invoices are payable – adjust if necessary inform reception team.
- Scan costing sheets
- Amend and update costing sheets if necessary
- Strong organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good attention detail
- Good literary
- IT skills
- Excellent customer service skills including telephone manner
- Essential skills required prior Veterinary knowledge/experience
At Northwest Veterinary Specialists we encourage a strong team ethos. The right attitude and aptitude are just as important to us as qualifications. We offer a happy and rewarding working environment and a competitive remuneration package and access to Pets at Home Discretionary share schemes, pension, holidays and private healthcare.
For all applications please forward your curriculum vitae to email@example.com.
Hours of work
Monday – Friday 4 hours per day – likely shift pattern 1-5pm or 2- 6pm. Initial training hours will vary from these shifts.
Salary: in the range of £10-£10.50 per hour depending on experience.
The closing date for applications is Friday 6th November 2020